This post contains affiliate links, which means I might make a small commission if you make a purchase. This does not affect your cost. Thank you!
We have enjoyed many lovely books together this year as a part of our preschool at home experience. Here are our top ten favorites:
- Hero Tales – This is a collection of brief missionary stories for children. Best for ages 4 and up, but my 2 year old absorbed more than I would’ve expected.
- The Story of the Orchestra: Four Seasons – We have three from this series, but this one is my oldest’s favorite. There are buttons to press, and each button plays an excerpt from the Four Seasons by Vivaldi.
- Make Way for Ducklings – A classic from my own childhood which was delightful to pass on to my own children.
- Winnie-the-Pooh – You need the classic tales by A.A. Milne. Hilarious and endearing.
- Christian Liberty Nature Reader Book K – These have been updated since I was a child. The new editions have beautiful watercolor illustrations.
- The Mitten – This one is humorous, has great illustrations, and is perfect for a wintry day.
- The Snowy Day – My boys are really into this story starting at about age 2. Peter enjoys the simple pleasures of childhood.
- The Seven Silly Eaters – This one cracks me up. I would read it just for my own amusement.
- We Are in a Book – My boys have this one memorized. It is also written with simple language, so a very beginning reader can pick out a word here and there.
- Ten Apples Up on Top – We also have this one memorized.
What books are your family’s favorites?